Sunday, January 18, 2009

 

Dumpster!

Every time I've moved, I've wished that I could get a dumpster, park it beneath my apartment balcony, and just throw stuff into it as I pack. However, apartment managers frown on residents parking dumpsters in their lots, so I've never been able to do it.

Now, I've finally done it! We got a 20-cubic-yard dumpster delivered on Friday. When it arrived, it looked huge, and I figured we'd only fill it halfway. But after a few hours of tossing stuff into it, it's almost full.

Contents include the following:

Renting the dumpster cost a few hundred bucks. I wondered if it might be more cost-effective to just buy an old pickup and drag things to the dump myself, but the dumpster is definitely a time-saver.

The dumpster company is called "Hudson River." I guess when people think about dumping waste, they think of the Hudson River.


Comments:
If your tippage fees at the local dump are anything like ours around here, then renting the dumpster at a few hundred dollars (assuming it includes the actual disposal costs after the fact) would really be the much cheaper option.

I have the luxury of a *cough cough* dumpster at work that I can make things disappear into, but I still find it a PITA to actually haul the stuff there in my truck.

When we do a cleanout of our own (and geez, do we ever have a big one coming) I'm going to go the dumpster route myself as well.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?