Friday, March 07, 2008

 

She Switched!

When I first started dating my fiancee, she made fun of my Macs. I told her I'd convince her to buy one herself someday. Her response: NEVER!!!

She kept that stance until she bought an iPhone. Then she started looking more closely at the Mac, saying stuff like "I really like that interface," and "I like how it turns on instantly when you open it."

Then she saw that MacBook Air commercial - the one where the computer fits in a manila envelope. For the first few weeks, she said it was cool, but she didn't really need one. About a week ago, she started trying to convince me that it would be a practical purchase. (I didn't need convincing; she was really trying to convince herself.)

Yesterday, she bought a MacBook Air.

However, I can't really savor my victory. I'm too jealous of her new toy.


Comments:
Hey Kris, I can never understand why they are not more popular - I think they are superior to the competition brands but the masses keep buying the second rate machines.
TurboHelicopters
 
Kris,

Congratulations. Mixed marriages never work...

I remember going to the home of my new girlfriend and seeing that she had a Mac. She was the first person I knew who had wifi (the original AirPort).

I'm not saying it's the only reason I married her, but it was a contributing factor.
 
I think it only right that the converter one leave a comment here too. First, how can any techno nerd resist the thought of a laptop that weighs less than 3 pounds!

Since I bought office and can do most (not all mind you) of the things I could do on my PC. It is so sweet to simply pick up the laptop and open the screen and whala, it's on.

It will take some time to get used to all of the MAC features such as all the function buttons, for example which one opens the dashboard, widgets, etc. But I think that I have a great tutor for all of this (is it possible to have a mac mentor?)

So far, I am 100% satisfied with my purchase, and yes, Kris gets to play with the 'toy' as he puts it, anytime he like...

Cheers,
the converter one
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?