Monday, July 02, 2007

 

Pictures of Women

One thing that makes me laugh about eHarmony.com and Match.com is the terrible pictures that women post of themselves. Most of the pictures are of women at company Christmas parties, wedding receptions, or at other kinds of celebrations, which means that the pictures usually have the following features:

Another popular type of picture is the vacation photo. The kind where there is some great, big, important, old building filling the frame, but if you look really closely, you can just barely make out a tiny woman standing in front of it, wearing sunglasses.

C'mon ladies, this is simple marketing. If you really want the Right Guys to notice you, get a couple of good pictures of yourself. I don't mean Glamour-Shots-style pictures; you should just have some pictures that show your face in flattering light with a pleasant smile, without any distracting features. The smart women also have a full-length picture or two, because, well, men like to see that.

Don't worry if you don't look like a supermodel. Nice guys aren't looking for that; they just want to know a woman isn't hideous before starting a conversation.

I volunteer to take pictures of any beautiful women who need me to do so. I won't charge you anything, but you will have to have coffee with me. It's part of my creative process.

By the way, I haven't seen any of the men's pictures on the dating sites, so I don't know their common foibles. Maybe my female readers can let me know what men usually do wrong, so I can check my own pictures.


Comments:
You'll be delighted to know that men post the same kind of pictures. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?