Tuesday, January 23, 2007

 

Presents

I bought myself some presents for Christmas and for my birthday. After all, who else can I trust to get me what I really want?

For Christmas, I bought myself the DVDs for the first season of Deadwood, and the complete series of The Office (the original British version). Deadwood is, I think, the closest thing American TV has to Shakespeare. The Office is just plain funny. If you have HBO, make sure you watch Extras.

For my 40th birthday, I bought myself a Glock 19 semi-automatic pistol and accessories. I transformed from gun-hater to gun-owner in about three weeks. I want to participate in IPSC and IPDA matches, so it made sense to buy my own gun. In fact, I now think it makes sense for everyone to buy a gun. It's amazing how much one's opinions can change. Two months ago, I wouldn't have believed that I would be buying ammo every time I went to Wal*Mart.

I appreciate the gifts my friends and family gave me for these occasions. As for the rest of you, thanks for nothing. :)


Comments:
I hear you want to start using the term "Sheeple"??

Harry, by gun lovin' buddy here says 19's are for wusses. Why not the 17? He also says that the Fobus Holster is the best holster ever owned.

Good luck shootin'
 
If I ever use the term "sheeple," I hope somebody punches me in the face.

I have a Fobus holster for my Glock.
 
No punching in the face until I know you're unarmed.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?