Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 

My Next Windows Laptop

I like my MacBook, and running Windows in Parallels has been acceptable. But it's not ideal. There are three big problems with doing Windows software development this way:

So, I've decided I need a new Windows laptop. I want one that's fast enough to serve as my primary development machine, but small enough and light enough that carrying it around won't be a burden.

I'm also pretty sure I want a Tablet PC. I miss my Newton and my Handspring Visor. I'm also learning how to draw, so having a tablet will let me do some doodling in my spare time. Also, I think tablet-oriented application software development may be a niche where I can have some fun.

Right now, I have my eye on the Toshiba Tecra M7, but I'm open to other suggestions.

[Update: Toshiba says my customized machine will be shipped November 8.]

[Update #2: Toshiba says it has been shipped. It may be waiting for me when I get home from NYC next weekend.]


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?