Tuesday, September 12, 2006

 

Idle

I don't yet have a paying client, but that's okay. I put away enough money before quitting my old job that I don't need to worry about being paid for a few months. I'm going to give the original plan a few more days, then if it doesn't work out, I have other customers who want my services.

I haven't been completely unproductive. I've filed my Articles of Incorporation with the Secretary of State and I've published my Notice of Incorporation in my county's legal organ (and I snicker whenever I read the term "legal organ"). When the state notifies me that the incorporation is complete, I have more paperwork to do. I'm spending a lot of time reading publications from the IRS, the State of Georgia, and Nolo. I've set up a new web site and registered a couple of new domain names. I've evaluated a few accounting packages, and settled on QuickBooks.

I expect to have all my ducks in a row whenever the time comes to send an invoice to some lucky client.

A lot of my time has been spent on my couch with my MacBook. I'm starting to notice soreness in my back, so I guess I'll have to break the habit of working in a reclined position. Whenever I start receiving some income, I might treat myself to an Aeron chair.

On a brighter note, HBO is airing all the episodes of the last season of Deadwood this week. I don't know what I did to deserve this reward, but I appreciate it.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?