Sunday, August 13, 2006

 

Helicopter Bits

Long-time readers of my blog may remember that I used to fly radio-control helicopters. I abandoned that hobby when I started flying real aircraft, because the real aircraft are actually cheaper in terms of dollars-per-minute-of-flight.

My helicopter has been sitting on my desk in pieces for over a year. Today I finally decided to clean up the area for use as a home office. All the helicopter parts have gone into a box. I'm not sure whether I should try to sell the box on eBay, or just throw the thing out.

It is a little sad, because the junk in that box cost several hundred dollars, and I had a lot of fun with it. But I'm moving on. I thank my little helicopters for their service, and wish them well in their retirement.


Comments:
Ahhh! I just saw your post when I saw your comment over at my blog.

I'd have paid to have you ship all the "bits" to me, as I'd have put it all together again and got some use out of it.

Oh well, I'm still undecided if I want to bother with rotorcraft, or simply go back to what I know - fixed wing.

I should probably go flying the real thing again sometime soon as well.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?