Monday, April 03, 2006
No Jump Yet
When I woke up this morning, I checked the weather forecast. It called for overcast skies and scattered thunderstorms all day, so I decided not to make the 90-minute drive to the drop zone.
Of course, it turned out to be a beautiful day. I kept looking at the sunny skies, hoping for a thunderstorm to start so that I wouldn't feel like such an idiot. We finally did get some thunder at around 4:00 PM, but that didn't make me feel any better.
I'm hoping to take an afternoon off later this week to try again. Unfortunately, we are in a crunch time, so asking my boss whether I can take time off to maybe kill myself before finishing my work may not go over very well. My boss would prefer that I put my life at risk some time after the current project is over.
Actually I am jealous, I hadn't thought seriously before about parachute jumping but now you have awakened a desire to try this myself soon.