Monday, April 03, 2006

 

No Jump Yet

When I woke up this morning, I checked the weather forecast. It called for overcast skies and scattered thunderstorms all day, so I decided not to make the 90-minute drive to the drop zone.

Of course, it turned out to be a beautiful day. I kept looking at the sunny skies, hoping for a thunderstorm to start so that I wouldn't feel like such an idiot. We finally did get some thunder at around 4:00 PM, but that didn't make me feel any better.

I'm hoping to take an afternoon off later this week to try again. Unfortunately, we are in a crunch time, so asking my boss whether I can take time off to maybe kill myself before finishing my work may not go over very well. My boss would prefer that I put my life at risk some time after the current project is over.


Comments:
Yeah I am given to understand killing yourself by jumping out of aircraft before deadlines hit is considered poor form in management circles. Just be careful of the long term implications to your career ;-).

Actually I am jealous, I hadn't thought seriously before about parachute jumping but now you have awakened a desire to try this myself soon.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?