Tuesday, December 20, 2005

 

There Is Only One Answer

Kris, we understand you want the test system re-configured for some reason. Please explain.

I want the test system to work the same way that the production system does.

OK, which version of the software do you want installed?

I want the test system to work the same way that the production system does.

Do you need any data in the database?

I want the test system to work the same way that the production system does.

Do you need user accounts set up?

I want the test system to work the same way that the production system does.

Do you need the security system activated?

I want the test system to work the same way that the production system does.

Should we set up a modem for dial-up access, or is it OK to access it over the LAN?

I want the test system to work the same way that the production system does.

Should we just copy everything from the production system to the test system?

I don't care how you do it. I just want the test system to work the same way that the production system does.


Comments:
Seems like they had only one question:

"Will you concede something so we can get off the hook and eventually blame it on you?"

Sean O
 
It turned out that the sad reality was that they didn't know how to set up another system to be exactly like the production system. They had no documentation about software versions, configuration settings, how to load data into the database, etc.

(sigh)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?