Friday, December 16, 2005

 

No

Kris, the production system isn't working since we installed the newest release. Can you fix it for us?

Did you test the new release before putting it into production?

No.

Did you install the server-side updates?

No.

Other than installing the new version, did you keep everything else the same?

No, we changed a few other things too.

Can you send me the log files?

No.

Will you let me access the system myself to see what's going wrong?

No.

OK, can I access the test system to see if it exhibits the same behavior as the production system?

No.

Are you sure this "new" problem never occurred with the previous release?

No.

Can you roll back to the previous release?

No.

Well, Kris, can you fix it?


Comments:
You "coders" are so negative and needy... ;-)
 
I read it out loud to a programmer I know. He says "If only that sort of thing were unusual."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?