Sunday, October 30, 2005
What I've Learned about Inline Skating and Roller Hockey
- Don't buy the $35 inline skates from Wal-Mart. It's hard to skate on them, and they hurt my feet. The $150 skates I bought the next day were worth the money.
- Protective gear (helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist guards or hockey gloves) is another $100 or so, and is definitely worth the cost.
- Falling down on a roller rink without pads doesn't hurt much. Falling down in a parking lot without pads hurts a lot.
- Kris falling down is very funny (to everybody else).
- Carrying a hockey stick around for an hour leads to sore arms and shoulders.
- It's a lot easier to shoot the puck when not wearing skates, and a lot easier to skate when not carrying the stick.
1) Skin lacerates,
2) Bones break
3) Eyes get poked and dislodged
4) Noses bleed
5) It takes twenty two minutes to drive to an emergency room.