Sunday, September 11, 2005

 

Going to Colorado

In connection with my no-possible-win assignment, I'm going to be traveling to Colorado for a few days this week. Nobody has been able to give me an adequate description of the problem (or more likely, problems) I'm supposed to solve, so I'm going on site to see for myself.

Invariably, when I've mentioned to people that I have to go to Colorado, they envy me and congratulate me on the plum assignment. Apparently they think I'll be spending my time hiking the mountains, rafting the rivers, and taking helicopter rides over the snow-capped mountains. In reality, I'll be spending most of my time sitting in liquor stores, watching people cash lottery tickets. The rest of my time will be spent in some windowless poorly-air-conditioned basement, which is the natural habitat for big computer servers.

I'm not complaining. I haven't been on a business trip for about eighteen months, so it will be refreshing to get out of the office for a few days. It's the closest thing I'll get to a summer vacation. And maybe I'll actually find out what it is that people are expecting me to fix.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?