Wednesday, July 27, 2005

 

The Left-Knee Mystery

Every one of my pairs of jeans has a worn spot on the left knee. I've been puzzled by this for a while. I don't notice myself kneeling down on that knee. I can't think of any activity that causes rubbing against that one spot.

Since I started flying, the toes of my shoes are getting worn, but that is easily explained by the use of rudder pedals. I do kneel on my left knee when doing a preflight on the plane, but I wouldn't expect so much wear on my pants from just doing that.


Comments:
Hmm... Did you buy a new car recently? (I seem to recall you did). The knee thing usually happens to me when I rent a vehicle.

Another possibility: something under your desk at work.
 
I considered both of those possibilities, but I don't think either one applies. The new car has more room for the driver than my old one did. There is nothing under my desk at work.

I have a new pair of pants, so I'll be monitoring the wear pattern closely. (It's too bad I have nothing more interesting to do with my time.)
 
To paraphrase Kris Johnson: "It must be a hardware problem"

2005-09-01 12:52: Came back from lunch, Blue Jeans (ID # KQX249) show minimal wear at target point.

2005-09-01 17:44: Monitored wear while in the Men's Room. KQX249 shows minimal wear at target point.

2005-09-01 23:13: Monitored wear while working at the iMac at home. KQX249 shows minimal wear at target point.

Hmm, a log like this would benefit from regular expression analysis...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?