Wednesday, March 23, 2005

 

Respect for Web Developers

Jeremy Zawodny has a post about the lack of proper respect given to web developers. I admit I'm an anti-web-developer bigot myself. I wrote a few simple web apps myself a few years ago and decided "This is no big deal." I did a few more a couple years ago while studying for the .NET certification exams, and decided "Geez, with all these tools, now any idiot can do this stuff." But when I look at something like Google Maps, I know there are web developers who are out of my league. I also have to accept that I'll never catch up with them.

Maybe someday we'll even come to respect Visual Basic developers. (OK, probably not, but I have to end with a surprising statement.)


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?