Saturday, March 12, 2005

 

Met Sean O'Leary

As Sean writes in his blog, we met last week for dinner. We've been in touch with one another in various online forums for a few years, but this was our first "meatspace" meeting. He was almost exactly like I expected him to be, except taller.

I'm always a little embarrassed when out-of-town guests ask me where we should go or what we should do. I don't know the cool places to go in Atlanta. I've lived here for practically my entire life, but I still don't know a really good restaurant or an interesting place to take tourists. During high school and college I was more in touch with the big city, but my dinner with Sean was my first meal downtown since the 1996 Olympics.

There is an Irish pub in Buckhead I thought about suggesting, but I quickly realized a guy named O'Leary from Chicago would probably laugh at Atlanta's rendition.

I'm glad I finally shamed him into updating his blog, after a few months of inactivity. Sean's blog was the primary inspiration for my own blog. I wish I had something as good as his monkey picture to put on my page. He told me a couple of stories that he's thinking about putting in his blog, so I look forward to seeing how those get written up.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?